Titus 2:11-15 How Grace Helps Us In Our Day To Day Lives
Grace Works! Titus 2:11-15 shows us how the Grace of God impacts our day to day lives. Often just a religious word, Titus 2:11-15 brings us to the “nitty-gritty” of how Grace is meant to transform our lives. Consider the gift of Grace and its power to equip us to live the lives we were always meant to live!
Titus 2:11-15 comes right after Paul instructs Titus to set up Elders to deal with issues in the young church and to establish a biblical culture for maturity. There are problems and change was needed! What comes next may surprise you!
- Paul doesn’t motivate via shame, or guilt, or through himself as an apostle and authority, but through grace.
- He points to Jesus and his appearing as the moment grace busted onto the scene. Isn’t that when everything changed for us, too? Was it not grace that spurred us on to deal with challenging things in our own lives and hearts?
- Grace, personified in the appearing of Jesus is where the strength, courage, and desire to do things right will come from. Everything else, such as obligation or duty, will fall hopelessly short.
Titus 2:11-15 also highlights the work that Grace does in our lives. God doesn’t reconcile us via his Grace and then leave us alone to figure out the rest of life. Grace teaches us! Better translated, it “trains” us!
- It trains us to say “No” to ungodliness and worldly passions.
- It trains us to be self controlled and to live upright lives
- Grace continues to help us to be who we were created to be.
- It is more than just stopping, but it’s also transforms what we do instead.
Titus 2:11-15 also highlights the fact that Grace is meant to have an impact
- If grace trains, teaches, and disciplines us (Hebrews 12) then it should produce clear evidence of its work
- Grace releases us to get after all that God wants to produce in us. Grace is meant to have an effect. (1st Corinthians 10:15) Is the impact of God’s grace evident in your life?
Stay In School
- Because It Teaches Us
- Because It Releases Us