Three Encounters w/ God
– Many worries of the world can choke out God
– God is there if we can see it.
#1) Isaiah 6
– Not the first time Isaiah went to temple, expecting to experience God
– This time is a little different, he actually saw God.
– Do we expect to really see God?
– Pray today is the day your really see God.
#1+) Martha and Mary
– Martha is doing stuff for Jesus
– Mary is being with Jesus
– Setting up for Jesus in His name…
– Choose what is best, don’t build your resume’ to Jesus.
– We get worried when we worship too long… we want to do stuff.
– We like doing for Jesus more than sitting and connecting
– Jesus did not go through the cross so we can have more meetings and plans and be busy.
– Jesus didn’t die so we can be busy.
– Jesus died so we can know Him and not die the moment He approaches and not be consumed.
– Jesus died so we can connect to Him and not be destroyed.
– We can have confidence to approach God and not be torched by it.
– We appreciate doing things more than we enjoy connecting.
– We need to experience God, we worry about “Getting stuff done” and “holy rollers”
– When we feel not connected we do things.
2) Joshua 5 – Joshua and the General
– Joshua is standing on the land where the 12 spies were standing 40 years earlier.
– They were looking at Jericho
– Joshua was wondering if he would have the courage and be a coward like the families prior.
– Rev 21, cowards…
– Be courageous about being courageous
– Joshua is 80 and Caleb is 85
– Joshua went up to this man and challenged him and stared at him face to face.
– Joshua bucked-up to this man
– Commander of the army of the Lord, and Joshua went face to face to the man to face to face down to the ground.
– He sees the God Head.
– Rev 22:8-9 Apostle Johns interaction – angels are fellow servants and are created also and don’t worship an angel or you will be worshipping in vain.
– Joshua does not see an angel or this “man” would tell him not to worship Him and tells Joshua to take off your sandals because you are on holy ground.
– Thanks for worshipping me, now take off your sandals.
– You can’t stand toe to toe with God, so hit the dirt.
– When we find out who we are in front of, our agenda changes and here I am send me.
Heb 1:3 – holds universe with His word.
Would you ever ask God to assist you with your agenda?
Are we eager to find out what Jesus wants from me?
How should I be thinking about this?
What can I do for you?
I am your servant, command and move me how you want.
Have the courage to expect to see God and state “here am I send me”.
AMEN – So be it [for me]
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Notify me of new posts by email.